TINA M. WHITFIELD
White Plains, New York 10606
(m) 415 806 2974 · Whitfield2000@hotmail.com
An enterprising, visionary TOP BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT AND MARKETING DIRECTOR with domestic and international experience. An accomplished negotiator with a proven track record of cultivating strategically valuable alliances. Widely recognized as a leading mind on the subject of mobile content and delivery and applies creative strength and a crisp understanding of the mobile industry to resolve highly complex market development issues. Draws upon a unique balance of business, creative, and technical acumen to ensure quality and establish the organization as an industry leader.
Recognized as a sincere communicator, easy to work with, and possessing an uncommon ability to work a room and align stakeholders. Innovative and goal-oriented, demonstrating a keen discipline to keep critical company initiatives on track. A high-energy leader that undertakes a full complement of responsibilities, identifies avenues for improvement, and crafts groundbreaking solutions. Consistently ahead of the digital curve, passionate in discovering and presenting new communication mediums, and known for dramatically expanding revenue streams as an integral resource for success.
Interactive Mobile Media · Business Development · Brand and Category Development · Best Practices
E-Commerce · Channel Development · Media Strategy · Loyalty Marketing · Joint Ventures
Reputation Management · Global Staff and Resource Management · Client Relations
NOKIA, INC., White Plains, New York and Espoo, Finland, 2006-2007
Nokia is the 6th most recognize global brand
Head of Consumer Programs
Provided global strategic and operational leadership to consumer marketing teams supporting the creation and distribution of mobile content and applications. Responsible for global budget and resource planning. Led regional marketing and business development teams in the creative development of interactive marketing campaigns with Reuters, AFI/American Film Institute, Warner Bros., Warner Music, EA, and Sony. Created a global holistic consumer marketing strategy for mobile content.
• Defined on-line content programming standards for EMEA and Asian marketing sites.
• Built global ad hoc, go-to-market teams to execute joint integrated marketing campaigns with entertainment brands. Leveraged technologies including RSS, SMS, social networking, SEM/SEO, interactive on-line, mobile advertising, and mobile video-on-demand.
• Identified innovative content distribution channels to capture high-value customers.
• Improved consumer purchase and usage experience. Led realignment strategy among consumer marketing and product development.
EQUISGLOBAL, Sunnyvale, California, 2001-2005
Provided problem-solving counsel to emerging companies needing to bridge solution development among P&Ls, partnerships, and clientele. Specialized in market segmentation and distribution strategies.
Clients – start-up in GPS-cellular location-based services sector, branding and PR agencies, start-up
designing and marketing WiFi fitness equipment.
• Subject matter expert for agencies needing to understand the complexities of the technologies developed by their clients. Agencies won more business and increased client billings.
• Implemented sales force automation to manage campaigns penetrating $22.2MM fitness equipment industry. Results – Doubled sales within first year.
• Secured invitations to present to governmental bodies. Negotiated pilot testing programs.
MARCHFIRST/USWEB, INC., San Francisco, California, 2000-2001
A Fortune 100 global interactive agency: branding, technology integration, management consulting.
Director, Global Alliance Development
Negotiated global business and technology contracts. Closed partnerships with Sun Microsystems, EMC, I2, Qwest International Communications, Allaire/Adobe, Iplanet/Netscape and Vignette, providing marketing and technological leadership.
• Generated revenue between $30MM and $60MM per partnership per year.
• Chief advisor on mobile e-commerce and wireless technologies to Senior Management.
• Established partner playbook for pre-sales process, sales-enablement kit, budget, revenue goals, brand guidelines for joint marketing campaigns, success stories, centers-of-excellence showcasing products, technical innovation/training, and tracking/metrics.
Director, Client Relations Management – New Media
Oversaw major brands. Teamed with c-level executives to define go-to-market and financial modeling.
Clients - San Francisco Giants, 3Com Stadium, NFL Networks, SEGA Dreamcast, SEGA.com, SEGA.net
• Core strategy team member that envisioned and deployed WiFi solutions including: multi-angle mobile-TV, mobile e-commerce, and mobile social networking.
• Led a 55-person team of interactive Branding, Strategy, and Technology consultants.
• Delivered strategy for mobile/wireless gaming. Designed and built broadband-multi-site gaming and designed and built interactive corporate site.
• Increased Sega USA market share from 0.1% to 15% within one year.
QUALCOMM, INC., San Diego, California, 1997-1999
Qualcomm is a Fortune 100 Company focused on building intellectual property. WirelessKnowledge was the first venture to provide consumers and enterprises mobile Internet services.
Senior Business Development Manager
OUR TEAM CREATED AND LAUNCHED THE FIRST SERVICE FOR MOBILE CONTENT AND ORIGINATED THE NOW COMMON PHRASE “ANYTIME, ANYWHERE, AND ON ANY DEVICE”. Content stored on a central server; accessed from mobile phones, PDAs, desktops, kiosks, and laptops.
• Worked with carriers and device manufacturers to forecast revenue from partnering, impact on market ownership, solution requirements, and pricing.
• Managed programming of market development funds.
• Quickly built marketing channels with Sprint, AirTouch/Verizon, Bell Canada, Bell South/Cingular, Samsung, RIM(Blackberry), Ericsson, Kyocera, and Lockheed.
Director, Marketing/Communications – wirelessKnowledge, a Qualcomm-Microsoft Company Launch
• Led brand and corporate site development.
• Spokesperson communicating the value proposition to global analysts and major domestic and international television, print, and on-line journalists.
• Built internal relationships with key executives; leveraged 90% of staff from other business units.
• Managed partners, technical launch program for the very first mobile content service in North America.
Division Program Manager, Qualcomm Eudora Email and Internet Products (80% market share)
• Product, Market, and Partner Management. Drove global product introductions/roll-outs.
• Set weekly operational plans to meet division goals.
• Managed the collaboration of 200+ engineering, marketing, branding, PR, product marketing, sales, operations, and tech support professionals. Managed the execution of 3rd party integration partnerships.
INTERNATIONAL RESEARCH INSTITUTE (NORTHRUP-GRUMMAN), San Diego, California, 1992-1997
TDMA Program Manager
Time Division Multiple Access - Precursor to the Qualcomm CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access).
PHILLIPS MARKETING, San Diego, California, 1989-1992
Led global brand variance strategy for major sporting goods clients. Media buy - $10MM annually.
Education: B.Sc. – B.A, San Diego State University
Marketing Innovation Scholarship – American Association of Advertising Agencies
Monday, May 7, 2007
TINA M. WHITFIELD